What san-gria is to summer, this crowd-pleasing punch is to winter.
- 150ml Brockmans Gin
- 1 bottle of Spanish Rioja
- 100ml simple syrup
- 100ml orange juice
- 1 sliced orange
- 1 handful fresh seasonal berries
- 6 cinnamon sticks (plus more spices such as star anise or cloves, if you like)
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns (in a sachet)
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- If you like warm, winter spices you can add 5-6 star anise and cloves too.
- Set the temperature to high and heat for one hour.
- Reduce the temperature to low to keep it warm for up to 5 hours. If you don’t have a slow cooker, simply place ingredients in a heavy-based casserole dish or saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer with the lid on leaving it on a very low heat for about 45 minutes without having a glass until your guests arrive!
- To serve, spoon into insulated glassware.
- Add a few seasonal berries, a stick of cinnamon and a dehydrated or fresh orange or clementine slice.