Our chocolate pots are the perfect Christmas pudding…
To mark the season of indulgence, we asked Julia Frey of Vikalinka to create a dessert to pair with our gin. Her creation? Brockmans gin infused chocolate pots.
Perfect for any gathering as they don’t take too much time to prepare, the dark chocolate pairs beautifully with our dark berry and almond botanicals to create a smooth dessert. The pomegranate seeds atop provide the refreshing finishing touch. Julia was inspired by the Christmas season, and if you have a look at her site, she has plenty of other dishes to prepare ahead of dessert. Originally from Russia, she’s spent many years in the US and Canada before settling in London with her family. Her ethos is simple: quality and real ingredients to create the most satisfying meal. This recipe is no exception, and one we’d recommend you pair with our cosmopolitan.
Brockmans Gin Infused Chocolate Pots
By Julia Frey
- 225g Dark Chocolate
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 70g Caster Sugar
- 4 tbsp Brockmans Gin
- 4 tbsp Double Cream
- ½ Pomegranate
- 125 ml Double Cream for serving (optional)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. In a medium bowl whip the egg yolks with caster sugar until pale and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the egg mixture to the cooled chocolate with double cream and Brockmans gin and whip with an electric mixer until well blended and smooth. Alternatively, you can use a food processor.
- Whip the egg whites until firm peaks form. Then fold into the chocolate mixture in two additions.
- Divide among individual serving dishes and let it set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and whipped cream before serving.