Our post Tales of the Cocktail celebration recipe…
Summer may be saying its last goodbyes, but this cajun shrimp recipe will serve as a nice reminder of those long nights and barbeques. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner or quick lunch option, packed with flavour, and of course gin…
We asked Rachel Gurjar of cookshala to create a savoury recipe for us given she is a long time gin fan, opting for either a G&T or Negroni on a night out. Beginning her studies in culinary school, she worked in restaurant kitchens before dabbling in photography and styling. She then moved over to the US all the way from India, and now serves as the test kitchen manager and food editor at TheFeedfeed, Brooklyn. To bridge her two worlds, she began writing on cookshala, sharing her recipes from her NYC kitchen, and those from her mother home in India.
We’d recommend you pair your Brockmans marinated cajun shrimp with our Sundown Vermouth…
Brockmans Gin Marinated Cajun Shrimp with Courgette
- 4 tbsp Brockmans Gin
- 2 courgettes/zucchini, sliced rounds
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large diced
- 1 kg shrimp, shell on, deveined OR shell off, deveined
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt (add according to preference after shrimp is cooked)
For the Cajun Spice Mix
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 tablespoon dulce paprika
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp white pepper powder
- To make cajun spice mix, measure out and put all spice powder in a bowl, give it a good mix and store in an airtight container.
- Marinade shrimp, courgette and bell pepper with 3 tablespoons of cajun spice mix, Brockmans Gin and lime juice.
- Refrigerate this for 20 mins.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add the shrimp and veggies. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side and serve hot with lime wedges.